Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Glosser Chronicles: April Review




April was a flurry of fun events for the Glosser family. We were SO. BUSY. But, as usual, it was all worth it and we had a great time in the midst of it. My husband celebrated his induction into a new decade -- yep, the big 3-0. We had two family weddings to attend -- my brother-in-law and my husband's cousin -- and we had children involved in both! My baby seester had a birthday, we started prenatal classes at the hospital where I'll be delivering, there was a school musical, and, of course (and certainly not the least), Easter. All that on top of the regularly scheduled chaos happenings made for busy & tired; however, they were landmark moments that deserve attention and reflection. I want to share a snapshot with you:



I LOVE our local public library! We try to attend preschool
story time about once a month (sometimes more in the summer),
and the kids & I check out our monthly allotment of books afterward.
Recently, they've made a lot of changes to the children's section
and it's just incredible. I know I'm a little biased, but if you
haven't checked out the South Side Des Moines Public Library
you should!

Buddy Boy likes all things aquatic right now, so he was way
excited to play with the shark & octopus puppets in the puppet theater!

We just learned that our big girl is old enough to have her own
library card! She was super pumped to take it home with her.

We had a blast once again with our monthly Nature Club
at the Brenton Arboretum in Dallas Center. It's quite a drive for us
but it is so informative and fun! It's been well worth it so far. April
had us checking out the pond there. We found insects, larvae, snails,
small fish, and even some tadpoles!
 
This girl and her shoes... I think she was meant to be a woodland
creature of some sort. She is definitely most happy when she's outdoors.


My brother-in-law's wedding was a wonderful day. I'm so proud of my two little flower girls & my handsome ring-bearer! (My husband did a pretty outstanding job as a groomsman too... and dang, doesn't he look good all spiffed up?) We are so happy we could be a part of such a special day. (photos courtesy of Austin Day @ Photography by Austin Day)


A fun roadside display put up by our Des Moines Public Works Dept.
downtown for Earth Day. This mom was just a little excited about it...
"It's the Lorax!! Everybody out of the van!"


Catching our first baseball game of the season with the I-Cubs.

Just one of the fun Easter activities the kids got to participate in:
Easter egg hunt at Grandma & Grandpa's.

Here's my big girl with her cousin, the ring bearer, at my cousin-in-law's wedding...
Ok, I can't get over how beautiful & grown up my sweet little Bubbaloo is! I mean, come on. Aren't these just adorbs?
This was her second stint as a flower girl this month, and I truly believe she'd do it every month. She has such a great time! (photo courtesy of Meg Blunk @ Capri Photography by Meg)

Spring! The best look of the season is all of the life sprouting
and blossoming. Ahh, just breathe it in.





Obviously, I'm a tad behind in posting... Just getting April's review up when the end of May is right up ahead? Yikes. I hope to get May up soon (like before June), but we'll see what happens. :)

In case you didn't know, I'm currently 9 months pregnant with our fourth child! Our new little ray of sunshine is due to appear sometime around June 11th, but I feel like she (yep, GIRL) might make her debut a little sooner. Hence, I have been all rush, rush, rush to get prepared. For some odd reason I haven't had the drive to get things done this time around. With only two weeks to go, I literally just packed my hospital bag yesterday. (Well, it's mostly packed anyway.) And we don't even have a car seat yet. (Don't worry! It's on its way & should arrive by Friday... at least that's what I keep telling myself.) Maybe it's because this pregnancy has flown by so quickly? I always feel like I have more time... Well, not always. That feeling is definitely gone now!



I'd appreciate your prayers as we finish getting ready for our little one -- there's still so much to do! Pray for a smooth & safe delivery, a peaceful transition from three munchkins to four, and strength & energy for this mama to pull through those difficult first few weeks of adjusting to a newborn's schedule.






No comments:

Post a Comment